Monday, February 19, 2007

Who knew poetry could keep one so busy?

Well, life has been hectic, to say the least, but certainly not here on the Blog.
In addition to reading locally at Page & Turners the last Sunday of each month, I attended a Poetry Slam in Almonte, Ontario, (and participated too!) and next thing I know I am involved in organizing one for Carleton Place!
I have been writing some haiku for Byline, CAA Ottawa's newsletter, and right now am working on an article about that very subject, to appear in the next issue. I also entered the National Capital Writing Contest, so all my fingers, toes and my eyes are crossed!
Soon, July will be upon us (yes, it is true, the hot weather WILL return, I promise!) and with July will come the National Conference of CAA, right in our backyard, as Ottawa hosts this year's event. Visit the CAA website for the details; it sounds like an awesome event!

No comments: